This page contains the Greekterrafoods Shop’s privacy statement. Greekterrafoods is the online webshop in the Netherlands to supply Dutch and European people abroad with typically Greek products. This Privacy Statement applies to all products, services and activities offered by Greekterrafoods Shop via its website www.greekterrafoods.com
When you participate in a promotion, use our digital services, or otherwise use the services that Greekterrafoods offers, the data you provide and use is recorded and processed in our administration. Greekterrafoods is the controller with respect to processing your personal data within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR” (Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming, or “AVG”).
It is also very important to us to treat your data with all due care and confidentiality. We therefore carefully comply with the relevant legislation in this area, including the Wbp (DPA), GDPR (AVG) and Telecommunications Act or “TA” (Telecommunicatiewet, or “Tw”), as well as the codes of conduct of the Dutch Dialogue Marketing Association. We do this by checking, in cooperation with our legal partners, whether our services meet the correct requirements, both in terms of data security and in terms of compliance with data protection legislation.
Our contact details are:
Amstelstraat 32 Oost Souburg 4388RN
You can find us via the following social media channels:
Purposes of data processing
We collect and process your personal data for, among other things, the performance of our services, to bring these services to your attention, and to keep you informed about them.
The data you provide may be specifically recorded and processed by Greekterrafoods for the following purposes:
- For the conclusion and execution of a supply agreement, for example to provide the products, services or information you have chosen. In such cases, Greekterrafoods needs your name, e-mail address and a delivery address in order to be able to execute the supply agreement and to keep you informed of its progress;
- when you place an order with Greekterrafoods, we store your data on a Secure Server, if desired. to be able to send invoices, for example when you have purchased a paid service or product from Greekterrafoods ;
- to enable you to post and exchange information via one of the digital services that Greekterrafoods can offer you, or to contact all other users of those digital services;
- to keep you informed about the products and services Greekterrrafoods can offer you. When you respond to a promotion or contest, we ask you to register your name, address and e-mail address with us. We use this information to execute the promotion, to announce the prize winners, and to measure response to our marketing promotions;
- to send you newsletters, user information, service or other messages, whether electronic or not. If you no longer wish to make use of these services, you can unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link that is added to each email from Greekterrafoods
- to enable login via social media services of third parties;
- to display targeted advertisements to you. For example, an advertisement may be shown for a product or service that Greekterrafoods presumes you may be interested in on the basis of the data it has processed;
- in order to make shopping at Greekterrafoods as pleasant as possible, Greekterrafoods stores your personal data and the data relating to your orders, provided you have given your permission to do so. This enables Greekterrafoods to further personalise the webshop and better focus on your personal wishes and needs;
- data about the use of this website and the feedback Greekterrafoods receives from all its customers help us to further develop and improve this website;
- to comply with the laws and regulations applicable to Greekterrafoods Shop.
When using our digital services, an account may automatically be created for you using the information you have already provided as part of one of our other services. It is also possible that – when you use different products and/or services – the information provided in that context will be combined with the information provided by other products and/or services that Greekterrafoods has to offer.
The legal grounds on which we base the processing of your personal data
- a) The data processing is necessary for the implementation of the agreement between Greekterrafoods and its customers (Article 6(b) AVG)
A large part of the personal data that we process about you, is processed because the processing of this data is necessary to complete your online order. These personal details are then, for example, necessary to enable us to send the products to you and to receive payment(s) for them.
- b) The data processing is necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation of Greekterrafoods (Article 6(c) AVG)
As a webshop, Greekterrafoods has to comply with a variety of laws. These include, among others, the Act on Distance Selling, the Act on Electronic Hands and the Dutch Civil Code. Pursuant to these regulations, we are obliged to process certain personal data about you. For this reason, we may also be obliged to provide your data to third parties.
- c) The data processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of Greekterrafoods (Article 6(f) AVG)
We may record telephone conversations with our customers. Processing these telephone conversations is necessary in order to promote our legitimate interest in improving our services in this regard.
- d) You have given your explicit consent to the processing of the data (Article 6(a) AVG)
In all other matters, we will only use your data with your explicit consent.
We do not store your personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected. Pursuant to Article 52 of the General Tax Law, we are obliged to keep our sales administration, which may also contain your personal data, for a period of 7 years.
At any time, you can request access (free of charge) to the data Greekterrafoods processes about you and have it corrected, deleted or transferred by sending a request to email@example.com.
Data provision to third parties
Without your explicit consent, your data will never be given to parties that do not belong to Greekterrafoods, with the exception of the following. Your data may be provided without your explicit consent if Greekterrafoods considers this necessary for the performance of its services (your data may be passed on to the supplier of a product you have ordered, for example). In such cases, your data will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it (e.g. for the delivery of the product). In addition, it is possible that Greekterrafoods – on the basis of the applicable laws and regulations – is obliged to provide certain data, for example in the context of a police investigation. In these cases, Greekterrafoods will only provide data if it appears that a legal obligation to provide exists. Our employees and the third parties engaged by us are furthermore obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data. We have concluded a so-called processor’s agreement with these third parties.
Your telephone calls with Greekterrafoods may be recorded. We may record these calls to improve our telephone service or to perform our services (e.g. if you buy a product from Greekterrafoods). We will inform you prior to the telephone call whether the call in question will be recorded and for what purposes.
Telephone calls with our customer service department are only kept for as long as is strictly necessary and are not accessible to unauthorised persons.
At any time, you can request access (free of charge) to the data Greekterrafoods processes about you and have it corrected, deleted or transferred by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
External service providers and other websites
If you visit a third-party website or application via a digital service of Greekterrafoods, the terms and conditions and the privacy rules of the partner or the relevant third party apply. We advise you to consult the Privacy Statement of this partner or third party. With respect to digital services by Greekterrafoods, to which you may gain access via social media services of third parties, Greekterrafoods processes the login data you use in that context in the manner described in this Privacy Statement.
Personal data security
Greekterrafoods respects the privacy of all involved and ensures that personal data is treated confidentially and with the greatest possible care. Greekterrafoods has therefore taken appropriate technical and organisational security measures against the loss, theft or otherwise unlawful processing of these data. All data is therefore securely stored in the Greekterrafoods administration. This database is only accessible to Greekterrafoods employees to the extent that this is necessary for their job.
By following the guidelines below, you can help us to secure your personal data as well as possible:
- Never give your password to third parties;
- do not distribute URLs of pages you are viewing while still logged in to your personal account on the Greekterrafoods website.
Greekterrafoods shall not be liable for any unauthorised access to computers or files, viruses distributed through advertisements or other unlawful programs or files, or any other consequences of making data available to Greekterrafoods.
In addition, Greekterrafoods reserves the right to record your IP address. Your IP address may be used to define visitor profiles and to evaluate website usage. It also enables us to detect misuse of our website, which is always reported to the police.
Access and data correction
At any time, you can request access (free of charge) to the data Greekterrafoods processes about you and have it corrected, deleted or transferred by sending a request to email@example.com. To verify your identity, Greekterrafoods may ask you to enclose a copy of your identity document in which your BSN (personal number) and passport photo have been made invisible. Please note that your BSN (personal number) is listed in multiple places on your identity document.
Following this request for access, you can request Greekterrafoods to correct or delete your personal data. If you are of the opinion that we are not handling your personal data with care, please contact us using the contact details above. In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Authority for Personal Data (“AP”).
Objection to the processing of data by Greekterrafoods
You may object to the processing of your personal data by Greekterrafoods if your personal data is used for purposes other than those necessary for the execution of a contract or necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation. For example, you can object to the use of your personal data for marketing and sales activities via e-mail, telephone, post or SMS. You can do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you have the so-called right to data portability. This means that you have the right to obtain the personal data relating to you that you have provided to Greekterrafoods in a structured form. You can send an email to email@example.com for this purpose as well.
Should you object to the processing of your personal data that is necessary for the performance of our work, we consider it important to state that without your personal data it is not possible to offer our services to you as a webshop.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Greekterrafoods reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement. Any adjustment will be published on this same page. We therefore recommend that you consult this Privacy Statement regularly so that you are always aware of the content of the current Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions about the Privacy Statement of Greekterrafoods, please contact our Customer Service: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Customer Service will be happy to help you if you wish to have more information about your personal data or if you wish to change or delete this data.
This Privacy Statement was last amended on 16 December 2019.